This post isn’t about Park City specifically, but I find the subject fascinating. Bloomberg has a fabulous info graphic on the pace of social change by state.
Here’s the overview:
- Utah was one of the last states to allow interracial marriage.
- Utah was also one of the last states to vote FOR prohibition.
- Utah was one of the first states to grant women full voting rights.
- 18 states allow abortion, Utah isn’t one of them.
- 36 states acknowledge same sex marriage. Utah was about middle of the pack.
- 4 sates allow recreational marijuana. Not us.
It’s a great info graphic. Click on this link and then scroll down to see the pace of social change.
I received an email from a reader pointing out that Utah does allow abortion. She says:
“Utah actually does allow abortion. There are two clinics in SLC. I think the graphic was stating which states allowed some type of abortion prior to Roe V Wade.”
Thanks to the reader who corrected me. I don’t always get it right and appreciate when people let me know so I can correct it. Thanks again!