Bus. Bus. Bus. Everywhere you turn, you hear the word “bus” when people talk about solutions to our transportation problems. Unlike 80% of the people around Park City, we have actually taken the bus. Ok, that was just once and for a story. So, what would it take for us to become regular riders? We’ve figured it out.
- We would walk no more than 5 minutes to catch the bus.
- We would not drive, then park, and ride the bus.
- Buses would need to come every 10-15 minutes. If they came less frequently, we’d be at last half way to wherever we were going if we took our car.
- It would have to be an option we took every day. It couldn’t just be a Sundance thing. We’d need to think “bus first.”
- The bus would have to go close to where we go… Kimball Junction, Home Depot, Prospector, Willow Creek Park.
- We would walk no more than 5 minutes from the bus stop to our final destination.
- The bus couldn’t take more than 5 minutes more time than it takes by car. We are already walking 5 minutes, waiting up to 10 minutes, and walking 5 more minutes.
- We’d pay a couple of bucks.
We may sound like uncaring dolts, but at least we are being honest. What would it take for you to ride the bus?